Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Mouth with Feathers

6x4" watercolor in black core mat
Click to bid on watercolor above
Bidding begins at $25.
I rarely take naps since I made the transition to professional artist. Many of we artists are too busy scratching out a living to find time for naps. Today will be my exception. When I woke up about 3:00 this morning, the weather app on my phone reported the sun would rise at 6:39 and that for the first hour and a half, people in my town would enjoy a sunny day. I set the alarm for 5:30, thinking at last I might catch a sunrise on a nearby lake. Couldn’t for the life of me fall back to sleep, so got up about 4:00, and prepared my plein air oil palette. Maybe an hour or so before I left, the forecast had changed to fog, typical of our mornings this past week in Eastern North Carolina. I decided it might be interesting to do a fog painting, so I’m including it below. Strangely, Mouth with Feathers above has nothing to add.
Morning fog on Lake Wackena, 8x16" oil on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment